Sunday, January 26, 2020

MY BROTHER, MY RIVAL - Angsty, drama-filled Romantic Suspense


We warned her, “Don’t fall for Cody, he’s a player, he’ll break your heart. Guaranteed. Ignore that chiseled six-pack of his, those rugged looks, that melting grin – all of it, and go for his brother, Scott, instead. Scott, now there’s a gentleman, intelligent, kind, shy, and just as good looking as Cody. Really, he is. The kind of man who won’t break your heart. Husband material.”
Did Bridie listen? Nope.  And where did it get her? A broken heart – that’s what she got. As expected. Of course, none of us said, I told you so. We wanted to, but we didn’t. Why? Because we were young and dumb once. 
Anyway, life has a way of screwing things up, as you know, and in this case, it did. In a big way. Huge, I tell you. Cody, Bridie and Scott were quickly thrust headlong into a heartbreaking love triangle that destroyed the brother’s relationship, ripped apart their family and left them drowning in heartbreak. Sad. 
It didn’t end there. Oh, no – years later, circumstances forced the trio to interact and even live together – that’s right, two of them were to live together!
Buried emotions surfaced, old wounds were picked at, and a tsunami of heartbreak followed.   
And then? you ask. 
Well, there are a lot of ‘And thens’, too many for me to list. So, my suggestion: make a giant pot of coffee, because you’re going to be reading this fast-paced romantic suspense thriller through the night. (Add whisky or rum or brandy to the pot if you need to.) Oh, and keep the tissues handy, because you’re going to cry. Ugly cry. Guaranteed. Like really ugly. Hey, we’re talking about two brothers and their hearts here – how can this story not be sad?

  $0.99 for a limited time!         Kindle Unlimited 

EXCERPT
I was silent as I drove my family to dinner. They weren’t – they chatted away in high-pitched voices about … I have no idea what the fuck they chatted about, because my mind was reeling with the betrayal - my girl and my brother, my girl and my brother, my girl and my FUCKING BROTHER!
How could they do this to me? I loved her with every fiber of my being, and she would do this to me? What about him? He was my brother – I’d die for him in a heartbeat, he knew that, and he could do this to me? Why? How? When? Where? The fuck I knew. I just felt the urge to break something. In fact, my urge to destroy became so intense, I found myself turning my Hummer around.
“Wha … where you going?” my mother demanded.
I didn’t answer.
“I asked you a question,” she said, her voice filled with panic.  “Where you going?”
My response was to hit the gas.
My dad sat upright in his seat, his neck turning wildly around, a look of fear on his face. “Son?”
I stared ahead at the road as I floored it.
“Bro, stop!” Jenna said. “I know where you’re going! You stop right now. This minute! Bro …”
Ignoring all their pleas, I gunned the Hummer toward Bridie’s old place. That’s where she’d be. She had to be there.  She’d better be there.
I made it just in time – she was in the parking lot, about to get into my brother’s Roadster.
Okay.
I spotted him in the driver’s seat, talking on his phone.
I braked hard, and without killing the engine, hopped out of my Hummer.
Within seconds, my family was chasing after me in tandem, my sister behind me, my father behind her and my mother behind him, all chorusing for me to stop whatever I was about to do.
When Bridie saw me, she mouthed my name, her blue eyes filled with surprise at the sight of me.
With a mirthless smile, I picked up a brick from the side of the road and strode toward my brother.
When she saw me pick up the brick, it was Bridie’s turn to scream. “What are you doing with that brick? STOOOOP! What are you doing? STOOOP!”
I ignored her and stomped over to my brother. What did she think I was going to do with the brick, huh? Smash his skull with it until his brains decorated his beloved Roadster – that was the plan. Simple.
His window was opened. Good.
The first thing I did was boot his door several times. That caused the door to buckle and trap him inside the car. Exactly where I wanted him to be.
When he saw me above him, brick in hand, a manic look on my face, the phone slid out of his hand. Amidst the pleas of my family and the screams of woman who betrayed, I raised the brick.
His eyes grew large – the largest I’ve ever seen.
Through clenched teeth I said, “You and my girl, bro? Yeah? Well, guess what? Today you die! Bro.”
PRAISE FOR MY BROTHER, MY RIVAL
“Dishes didn’t get washed, supper didn’t get cooked, nothing got done. This book was like a drug; I had to know what happened.”
“It's so hard to find a really good book these days. Every so often you find a jewel. My Brother, My Rival, is such a good read! You won't want to put it down.”
“There are very few books that can make me cry. Ugly cry. I’m giving this a perfect 10.”
“If you have something to do during your day, DO NOT start reading this book! ’Cause once you start you won't put it down!”
“I love love love this book so much. I've read it twice.”
“This book has been playing in my head all night. I dreamed about it, woke up thinking about it. Serious book hangover coming up. You will need tissues a few times in this book.”
"If I could give this book a 10, I would! It has everything. Brilliant! I’m a fan for life.”
“I could not go to sleep until I finished this book, then I woke up the next morning to reread it.”
"You will laugh, cry and yell with this book, you won't be able to put it down once you start reading it! THIS IS A BOOK NOT TO BE MISSED!!"
“Fabulously realistic and colorful, the descriptions of people and events are great.”
"Brilliant story. Made me laugh and cry. Have recommended it to family and friends."

$0.99 for a limited time!         Kindle Unlimited

To read more of angsty and heartbreaking drama, click on the Amazon link below:
https://smarturl.it/47nhxe




.................................................................................................................................................................



Eve Rabi is the author of 41 romantic crime and suspense novels.
Inspired by the likes of Sidney Sheldon and Gillian Flynn, her tales are bold, scandalous, controversial and often humorous.
To quote an Amazon reviewer: “When you pick up an Eve Rabi book, forget sleep. She writes gripping page turners that will keep you reading till the very end.”
If you’re bored of regular romance, if you like your romance with twists and turns, if you prefer your crime novels to have strong romantic themes, then you will enjoy Eve Rabi’s multi-genre books.
In her spare time, Eve likes to dance like no one is watching.
She also likes to eat like no one is watching. That's why she has to dance so often. 


No comments: